Thursday, October 2, 2014

October is here!

The second week of kindergarten is underway and my students are adapting to the routines of full-time kindergarten very well! 

Just a reminder:
- if you have not yet filled out the seemingly endless amount of paper work necessary each year, please try to complete it asap!  Also a reminder that the kindergarten supply fee of $45.00 is also due. 

IB curriculum night Thursday October 2, 2014
I will be here from 5:00-5:30 to discuss the kindergarten curriculum

The six units covered this year include:

1. How we organize ourselves

2. Who we are

3. How we express ourselves

4. How the world works

5. Sharing the planet

6. Who we are in place and time

Before I begin each unit I will send a letter home summarizing the unit and how you can support your child's learning. 

At the end of each unit I will send home a report.  This report is not a formal evaluation, it is a way of explaining your child's understanding of the unit.

If you have questions about any of the units, or anything else please e-mail me.




No comments:

Post a Comment